These are "retired" 2 year old laying hens, typical dressed weight of approximately 3 lbs. They spent their springs, summers, and falls free-ranging on our organic pastures, and winters in the hoophouse with straw bedding. Pasture forage was supplemented with certified organic, soy free feed.
These are not as meaty as our young broiler chickens, and the meat will be tougher but very flavorful. They should be slow cooked and make perfect stews and soups. Packaged frozen in a vacuum-sealed bag, will include neck, gizzard, heart, and liver. Chicken feet sold separately.
SOY FREE STEWING HENS - WHOLE/ORGANIC FEED/PASTURE RAISED
- Free range in and around portable shelters moved three times per weekl to fresh pasture
- Fed a certified organic, SOY-FREE feed mixture from day one
- No antibiotics - No growth hormones - No drugs - No chemicals
- Processed at approximately 2 years of age at end of their 2nd lay cycle
- Humanely processed at local, family-owned USDA inspected facility